Apply now for a scholarship for HSG 2016
In honor of the Huntington Study Group’s founder, Dr. Ira Shoulson, HSG established the Shoulson Scholar Fund with the goal of growing the next generation of Huntington disease researchers and health care providers.
The fund recognizes outstanding junior investigators with promising futures in Huntington disease research. Awards support recipient travel and attendance of the annual HSG meeting, and cover two nights lodging, travel funding, a travel stipend, and an honorarium.
Applicants must submit a CV or Biosketch, a scientific abstract highlighting their research, a letter of support from a mentor, and a brief application letter (250 words or less), expressing their background and interest in HD and the HSG.
The Shoulson Scholar application is available online.
Not ready yet to publish an abstract? Check out the New Member Scholar program.
New Member Scholars
In an additional effort to encourage individuals wishing to pursue a career in HD research and expand its network of HD professionals, HSG developed the New Member Scholarship program. The program supports first-time attendance of HSG’s annual meeting, including travel and two nights’ lodging.
The scholarships are for individuals interested in furthering their training and education. Applicants must submit a brief application, including letter of support from a mentor, a cover letter outlining interest in HD and becoming an HD investigator and a CV/Biosketch.
The New Member Scholar application is available online.
Other HSG News…
- Registration for HSG 2016 is coming soon! Remember to mark your calendar for Nov. 3-5 in Nashville.
- HSG is already accepting abstracts for HSG 2016. Submit yours now.
- Sponsorship opportunities available for HSG 2016. Check them out here.
- Does your HSG credentialed research site want a certificate to hang in your clinic? How about a badge to put on your website? Contact Heather Hare, director of Communications & Outreach, to get either — or both! Email email@example.com or call (585) 242-0277.
- HSG will launch an awareness campaign in May, HD Awareness month. To get a sneak peek at videos of your HSG colleagues, check HSG Link, starting in late April. If you haven’t already signed up for HSG Link, you can do so here.