Applications for Seed Fund Projects for Clinical Trials
Seeking Treatments That Make a Difference for Huntington Disease
Seed Fund Award:
The Huntington Study Group (HSG) is a not-for-profit organization comprised of a global network of researchers, clinicians, sponsors and community members who are committed to seeking treatments that make a difference for Huntington disease (HD).
HSG, with support from NJ Cure HD, is making available two seed funds up to $10,000 US each to fund the initial development of a promising intervention or treatment in HD. The funds could be used to support planning of a clinical trial or other activities. The intervention or treatment may include, for example, exercise therapies, speech therapies, experimental drugs, new devices and/or other novel treatments.
The seed fund is open to any applicant; however, at least one seed fund will be awarded to an HSG member.
Applications Due: Jan. 15, 2017
Individuals are asked to provide the following information to Liz McCarthy by email:
- Cover letter, not to exceed two pages, explaining:
- proposed intervention
- plan for future efforts, including plan for securing funds for future trial
- process by which applicant will meet the deliverable (below),
- any additional relevant information
- CV, resume, biosketch or other equivalent information of applicant.
- Protocol synopsis, including the following information:
- Email address:
- Phone number:
- Protocol Title:
- Study Period:
- Study Objective:
- Study Population:
- Study Design:
- Number of Participants:
- Duration of Treatment:
- Primary Outcome Measure(s):
Review and Payment Process:
The applications will be reviewed by the HSG’s Clinical Research Advisory Committee (click here to see charter) and the seed fund will be awarded and communicated by Feb. 1, 2017. Each applicant will be awarded up to $10,000 without any overhead charges. At the time of the award, the applicant will receive 2/3 of the seed fund award (maximum amount of $6,500 US). Once the deliverables are met, the remaining 1/3 of the seed fund will be paid (maximum amount of $3,500 US).
Deliverable Due: Sept. 30, 2017
By Sept. 30, 2017, the applicant must provide the following:
- A copy of the application to a granting organization for future funding of the clinical trial or a detailed plan outlining the applicant’s path forward seeking additional funding for the effort/initiative;
- An abstract submission at HSG 2017 by the abstract submission due date.