For HD Awareness Month, the Huntington Study Group is launching an education campaign, aimed at helping health care providers who are less experienced with Huntington disease (HD) to learn more about how to care for their patients and families with HD. HSG wants to share insights of our experienced HSG members with less experienced providers to help them better understand issues faced by HD patients and families. So, HSG is launching a new education section of our website with tools to help new HD providers.
There, you will find:
- Videos addressing common questions providers new to caring for families with HD may have
- A page of useful resources for providers, including care guides, referral resources, and links to many advocacy organizations
- Annual Event education: HSG 2015 educational and research presentations
- The underlying message is that HD is a treatable disease
- A video explaining what HSG is